Sunday, April 5, 2015

The Night Before Easter

It's 12:30 a.m. Easter morning and I just finished my duties for the night. I'm emotional as my oldest is turning nine in one day. ONE day and nine years has flashed before my eyes. I'm exhausted because I've been up since 5:00. I've been to a Mennonite auction, an Easter egg hunt and emotionally watched Kentucky get beat in the final four. Gut wrenching.

But you know what is even more gut wrenching? 

The fact that it's Easter morning and I've not even picked up my bible since Thursday church service. I've not had quiet time to worship and read. I've only prayed and probably even fell asleep while doing so. This holiday brings so much emotions into my heart as I am just now realizing how much the Lord gave up for us. How much he loves us, while we may not even know him. It's an amazing love. 

Before church started on Thursday Bryar was being a ninja in the aisles. Which really is very ordinary to us lately but I wanted to crawl under the pew and hide. I just knew someone was thinking "Look at that rowdy little Bryar. Why isn't his Mother doing something?" So I overly  apologized to the ones surrounding me. 
Then a lady replied,

"Don't be! Isn't it such a blessing that he is able to be himself, express himself and be happy?"

Bam. Face palm.

Of course it is. But my kid is suppose to be a perfect angel, right? Wrong. I mean sure his smile makes me smile, and sometimes I even tear up listening to his laugh. Although, I really had never thought about it this way. So I started off by telling her how correct she was and that Bryar just recently started being verbal. Yet, the ninja stage is wearing me out. The constant round house kicks, or "pow pow" are just about the last piece of straw that's holding my sanity together. Yet, she is right. We are blessed to have such capable children that have grown leaps. 

Church started and I continued to reflect. I thought to myself how amazing is it that God gives us these precious children of His to love and care for. He trusts us, He gives us grace, and He died for us. 

His love surrounds me. I pray that I shine is light, and his love in my family. That my mistakes won't always feel like failures. To love like he loves us. To forgive, like we have been forgiven.

I know my Lord has a plan waiting for me. But while I wait for this door to open, I will worship in the storm of parenting, marriage and life.

... And I will try my best to not cringe everytime my three year old gets a little cr cr crazyyyy. 


No comments:

Story of Mommy

My photo
I am a sinner saved by the grace of God. A wife to the 5oh, and Mother to Charli Beth and Bryar. This is my story of Motherhood, life experiences and sometimes even my overwhelming heart all typed out. I believe in second chances, yet the firm hand of parenting. That sweet tea is of the comfort food category. Chickens belong in every backyard. Children should each have a responsibility of their own while helping take care of duties in the home. Sports are a must for our family, and we spend many nights on courts or fields. We consistently feel new to each of the experiences that are brought into our lives. But we are always excited for the journey in which God has given us.

Email Me!

--If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to email me! @ paigeleana@yahoo.com --

Followers

Catch My Party
The Dress-up Drawer

Reviews

If you need a sign? Please check out this website below! They can do everything from yard sale to event signs! They are amazing to work with!!
Vinyl Banners

Disclaimer

The thoughts and opinions here are those and those alone of the posting author and in no way reflects the feelings or opinions held by any agency that the posting author has or has ever been affiliated with!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved