Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Summer Break is HERE!!

Last summer when it was brought to my attention that my little, "Baby Bryar" could attend public preschool, I was torn. I wanted to keep my boy home and not send him off to elementary. He was just so little. He barely had any speech at all, and the thought scared me. 

Then as the months rolled by and October came along I obviously changed my mind. Yes, it helped that I would be within his classroom but it also made me nervous. 

With school being out for summer break I look back with pure happiness that we made this decision. His speech is incredible, and he has learned so much already. 

Preschool is entirely different now than it even was while Charli Beth was attending. It is learning through play and the kids just adapt so much better.



For our end of the year ceremony, Mrs. sanders and I hosted a, "Movie Premiere." The children walked down a red carpet to recieve awards and their certificate. We then watched a movie that showcased videos and photographs from the entire year. To say it was bittersweet is an understatement. I can honestly say that each of them will forever hold a special place in my heart. I was completely honored to teach along side Mrs. Sanders and to love on them all year. 






It was also a special honor for the classroom to be named a Classroom of Excellence this year. There are over 1,000 preschool classroom in Kentucky and only 44 have this title. It's been an interesting yet exciting journey! 




Bryar will was awarded "Best Naptime Award" at our Movie Premiere because the kid never woke up at the correct time. He always slept even though he never sleeps at home, and could sleep through a fire drill if it came down to it.



He has two more years of preschool and I cannot wait to see how much he continues to grow! 

Charli Beth has absolutely loved third grade. Her teacher is a special woman and I'm so thankful she had a figure in her life like Mrs. Harris. We learned a lot of Charli's strengths and what areas we need to improve on before fourth grade arrives. It's mind boggling to think that she will be a fourth grader next year. I truly believe fourth grade will be a lot of fun for her and the interesting history she will learn.




This is my first Summer home with the kids. Every other Summer I have either been working or keeping other children. I swear I get teary eyed thinking about the moments we will share together over the break.... (I swear these kids make me have silly emotions that I never dreamed of having before.)

So far, we've picked strawberries, played, gathered library books, made a tent and starting a new learning system for Bryar.









We truly do not have any major plans this Summer, except make memories :) 


Here's to Summer Break 2015!! 

2 comments:

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I hope you have a wonderful summer break!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

It looks like you're having fun! Enjoy!

Story of Mommy

My photo
I am a sinner saved by the grace of God. A wife to the 5oh, and Mother to Charli Beth and Bryar. This is my story of Motherhood, life experiences and sometimes even my overwhelming heart all typed out. I believe in second chances, yet the firm hand of parenting. That sweet tea is of the comfort food category. Chickens belong in every backyard. Children should each have a responsibility of their own while helping take care of duties in the home. Sports are a must for our family, and we spend many nights on courts or fields. We consistently feel new to each of the experiences that are brought into our lives. But we are always excited for the journey in which God has given us.

Email Me!

--If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to email me! @ paigeleana@yahoo.com --

Followers

Catch My Party
The Dress-up Drawer

Reviews

If you need a sign? Please check out this website below! They can do everything from yard sale to event signs! They are amazing to work with!!
Vinyl Banners

Disclaimer

The thoughts and opinions here are those and those alone of the posting author and in no way reflects the feelings or opinions held by any agency that the posting author has or has ever been affiliated with!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved