Saturday, July 25, 2015

To the girl at my yard sale..



I see you sitting in the passenger seat of your Mom's car, ignoring her as she is asking for you to come over. I watch as you huff, roll your eyes and say, "just do it yourself Mom." I see your Mom want to cringe at the fact that your disrespect is shinning through to me, as a stranger just sitting by. But what's funny is, I see myself in you. 

I wouldn't call this a good thing...

 But I must say that I do call it a blessing, to sit back and think of how sad it makes my heart, that I once treated my Mother in such a way. I want to tell you to stop, and to love her for all she's worth but I turn away. It isn't my place, because in your young age, you just won't understand. 

Just like I never did. 

But I do have a prayer for you. I pray that the pink streaks in your hair fade, along with your sadness. Your bitterness turns to love, and your lack of respect becomes a longing emotion for a friendship from your Mother. I pray that your sigh, becomes a joyful laughter even after your third call to Mom for the day. I hope that these teenage years are short, and you have many years making life matter with your unknown best friend, which will you'll realize soon is no one other than Mother.

It's so hard to see now what difference Mothers can make. They tell us how to act, when of course we already know how. They push for us to by a bargain, but we are blinded to the fact that bank accounts really do run low. It's hard to see now that you need your Mother, and even if it's hard to believe she needs you just as well. 

After all the years of hardships, of not realizing what a special love came from my Mom, I finally realized. I became a Mother and I see that her love was overflowing for me. Her choice to not let me leave the house so late at night, was the right one. The words of wisdom, telling me that I wouldn't look good in blue eye shadow, was the right one. When she said he wasn't the right man for me, I should've listened. She was right, and she was only loving me by telling me all of those words that I never wanted to hear. 

I beg you dear girl, step back and look into her eyes, and you will see the love that she has overflowing for you. I just pray you see it, before its too late. 


As for myself, I pray that I always have the courage to see the good in people. To see the young, that will one day mature into the wise. To hear the fights between Mothers and daughters and know that they really do love one another even through the hardships. To inspire, by just loving my daughter no matter how angry she may make me in a moment. But most of all, I just pray that I never let my Mom forget how much I love her again.

No comments:

Story of Mommy

My photo
I am a sinner saved by the grace of God. A wife to the 5oh, and Mother to Charli Beth and Bryar. This is my story of Motherhood, life experiences and sometimes even my overwhelming heart all typed out. I believe in second chances, yet the firm hand of parenting. That sweet tea is of the comfort food category. Chickens belong in every backyard. Children should each have a responsibility of their own while helping take care of duties in the home. Sports are a must for our family, and we spend many nights on courts or fields. We consistently feel new to each of the experiences that are brought into our lives. But we are always excited for the journey in which God has given us.

Email Me!

--If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to email me! @ paigeleana@yahoo.com --

Followers

Catch My Party
The Dress-up Drawer

Reviews

If you need a sign? Please check out this website below! They can do everything from yard sale to event signs! They are amazing to work with!!
Vinyl Banners

Disclaimer

The thoughts and opinions here are those and those alone of the posting author and in no way reflects the feelings or opinions held by any agency that the posting author has or has ever been affiliated with!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved