Friday, January 22, 2016

Preparing for Jonas

While you're asleep several officers are taking their belongings to a localized building to rest for the night. While we are on comfy beds, they're sleeping on cots and blow up mattresses. While we are warm in our homes, linemen are working endlessly to make sure we stay in comfort. 


To say that I was overly ecstatic when my Husband text to let me know of this plan, wouldn't be a complete an utter lie. At this point in my journey through being a police wife, I slightly just had that "okay whatever" attitude. Another night/day at home a lone, I got this. 

So I took off to the store to prepare for Winter Storm Jonas. Because let's face it Kentucky folks, just don't really do snow all that well. A few inches will shut us down, but call for a quarter inch of ice, then a foot of snow. We may close down until things thaw out in the spring. While standing in the store, telling one kid to stop acting like she's riding a horse. Then reminding the other to be grateful for the toys that he already has at home, and by goodness stop asking for more. I realized that this doesn't happen to often. Even if it may be a huge slumber party of grown men acting like teenagers, so be it. If this stay over night will keep one of these deputies from getting injured, I'm okay with it. 

Another night of sleeping with either this furry fella,



Or a four year old who pushes his feet back and forth on my legs to fall asleep, is something I can deal with. 

It's just simply amazing to me how selfless people can be when it comes to the safety of others. My main question to Curtis during dinner tonight was, "how will you get back home?" His response wasn't an indication of how he will, only how he would be needed with the forecasted weather coming in. Even though it is a true fact, I must say that being a police officer wife makes me incredibly proud. He is indeed correct that no matter the conditions, or lack of four wheel drive in our county police cruisers, someone will need assistance in the morning. 

While I listen to the freezing rain fall, and pray that the electricity stays on I cannot help but to rejoice in the fact that humanity still exists. It may not come in the form of some random good deed, but rather many individuals giving their time all across this nation tonight. Whether this time be served on duty with a police force, a linemen, fireman, dispatcher, tow truck driver or medical personnel, they all chose to be within a profession that gives. As I sit within my coziness, and hope that blogging brings the sleepiness to my brain that is needed, I cannot help but to feel so very grateful and proud to be the wife of someone who gives so much more than we ever notice. 

Today as Jonas arrives, and we calculate the totals of snowfall around the south be sure to thank someone. Don't let someone's work go unnoticed. For we couldn't ever be the selfish American citizens without their hard work and time.

Be safe, and please stay off the roads so our Husbands make it back home to us as quickly as can be :) 



No comments:

Story of Mommy

My photo
I am a sinner saved by the grace of God. A wife to the 5oh, and Mother to Charli Beth and Bryar. This is my story of Motherhood, life experiences and sometimes even my overwhelming heart all typed out. I believe in second chances, yet the firm hand of parenting. That sweet tea is of the comfort food category. Chickens belong in every backyard. Children should each have a responsibility of their own while helping take care of duties in the home. Sports are a must for our family, and we spend many nights on courts or fields. We consistently feel new to each of the experiences that are brought into our lives. But we are always excited for the journey in which God has given us.

Email Me!

--If you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to email me! @ paigeleana@yahoo.com --

Followers

Catch My Party
The Dress-up Drawer

Reviews

If you need a sign? Please check out this website below! They can do everything from yard sale to event signs! They are amazing to work with!!
Vinyl Banners

Disclaimer

The thoughts and opinions here are those and those alone of the posting author and in no way reflects the feelings or opinions held by any agency that the posting author has or has ever been affiliated with!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved